Effective as of January 1, 2016.
Please also review our Terms and Conditions of Use establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of the Services.
Information We Collect
Utech collects information about you when you use the Services, and through other interactions and communications you have with us in connection with the Services. This includes collection at the time you download a mobile application, use a website or web-based application, create or register your Utech TMS account, and when you otherwise use the Services.
Information that you provide to us directly:
- Your name, username, password, e-mail address, postal address, age, and/or phone number.
- Information relating to your driver’s license, vehicle, vehicle registration, and/or insurance.
- Other information that you grant Utech access to, such as your contacts list and schedule.
- Information you provide as part of your user profile (e.g., a photo, biography, location, website, or payment information).
- Information from other companies or third parties, such as when you permit Utech to access one or more Third Party Services through the Services, or when we use service providers to supplement the information you provide to us (e.g., validate your payment information) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better service.
- Information provided as a result of communications between you and Utech. For example, if you e-mail us, we may keep your message, e-mail address, and contact information to respond to your inquiry.
- Any content or information you submit, post, publish, upload, display, create, transmit, or other make available to Utech through the Services (e.g., photos, documents, messages, comments, and other information and materials).
Information about your activities while engaged with the Services:
- Device Information. Technical and routing information related to your device including browser type, operating system, CPU speed, and internet protocol (IP) address, and identifying information about your mobile device including hardware model, operating system and version, preferred language, unique device identifier, serial number, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Location Information. Location data, such as location information from a global positioning system (GPS), information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device, or your internet protocol (IP) address. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address or phone number. We may also receive information about your location from third parties.
- Transaction Information. We receive log data when you interact with our Services, for example, when you visit our website, sign into our Services, or interact with our email communications. We may also receive log data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services, including the type of Service, date and time of use of the Service, payment amounts, distance traveled, and other related transaction details. This includes log data resulting from interactions with third party links and Third Party Services through our Services.
- Call Data. Data related to communications between users, including telephone calls and SMS messages. Such data may include date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
- Other Log Data. Our servers may record certain log data such as search terms, browsing history, features or pages viewed, number of clicks, favorites, likes, account preferences and settings, domain names, landing pages, application crashes and other system activity, and other related information.
- Metadata associated with content that you submit, post, upload, publish, display, transmit, or otherwise make available to Utech through the Services. For example, metadata may indicate how, when, where, and from whom, content was collected, and how the content is formatted.
Information from other users or third parties:
- We may receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, we may receive information about commercial drivers from carriers, shippers, or other third parties. This includes information about your location, or driver ratings.
- Other users may share or disclose information about you through their use of the Services.
- We may receive information about commercial drivers or carriers from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, or other regulatory bodies involved in the regulation of carriers.
- We also use third party services in order to provide our Services, such as hosting content, and we use third party analytics tools to collect data about traffic and usage trends for the Services. These third parties may collect information sent by your device or our Services, such as cookies or your IP address.
- We may receive additional information about you when you choose to interact with a Third Party Service, from the third party service provider (e.g., your registration or profile information with the third party service).
Our Services may change over time and we may introduce new features that collect new or different types of information.
How We Use the Collected Information
We may use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Services, and to develop and test new services and features.
- To update the Services on your device.
- To perform actions at your direction, such as accessing a Third Party Service using login information you provide to us.
- To provide freight transportation services arranged by Utech. For example, we may share your name, photo, vehicle photo, vehicle information, carrier name, location, schedule, and certain contact information with other users or third parties to arrange transportation of freight by Utech.
- To display information about your specific unit to fleet owners and shipping customers, including for the purposes of tracking driver location and load status and allowing shipping customers to see the status of a particular delivery.
- To send or facilitate communications between you and other users, such as estimated delivery arrival and delivery times.
- To personalize your experience with the Services and to allow us to deliver the type of content and services in which you are most interested, including to provide or recommend shipments, features, content, referrals, and advertisements.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your feedback and customer service requests.
- To send you information about our Services and to give you offers for third party products and services that we think may be of use to you, including information about products, services, shipments, promotions, news, and events.
- To protect our Services, including by preventing spam, fraud, or abuse.
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographics.
- To provide contests, special offers, or other activities relating to the Services. However, you may choose not to participate in such events.
- We may share your information with companies that are affiliated with Utech, including our advertising partners, to help provide, understand, and improve our Services and our affiliates’ services. For example, we may send your email address, usage data, and phone number to our advertising partners so that they can send you promotions and mobile notifications via email or text.
- We may remove identifying data from your information and share the data anonymously with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information so that it is no longer associated personally with you, and share that aggregated information.
- We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information, public comments, or the number of clicks associated with a particular link.
Sharing of Information
Except as described above, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice and you consent to the sharing. The term “outside parties” does not include hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, including responding to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request; to enforce our policies; to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Use, or to protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If Utech is involved in a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets, your information may be shared, sold and/or transferred as part of that transaction.
Storage, Processing, and Retention of Information
We implement commercially reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks using industry standard firewall and password protection, and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be accessed only as stated above.
However, Utech cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to Utech or guarantee that the information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Further, Utech is not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
We will retain your information as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, to maintain your account for as long as your account is active, or as otherwise needed to operate our business. When you close your account, we may continue to communicate with you about our Services, give you important business updates that may affect you, and let you know about products and services that may interest you, unless you have opted out of receiving marketing communications. We may also continue to use your information for business purposes and to improve our offerings or in some cases to develop new ones. We will retain and use your information as required by applicable regulations and Utech’s records and information management policies, to comply with our legal and reporting obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, complete any outstanding transactions, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
Permitting Access to Third-Party Services with Your Utech TMS Account
You may choose to sync, link, or otherwise connect Third Party Services, including your third party logistics accounts and email accounts, with your Utech TMS account. In order to do so, we must access your online account with your third party logistics provider or email provider. We will request your username, password, and any other login data necessary to enable access. We use this information to update and maintain the account information you download, to assist with the download process, and to enhance the Services we may provide in the future.
We work with other companies and developers to offer you products and services. Sometimes Utech may let you know about the service or product, or another company may let you know about the service or product. If you choose to accept these products and services, by providing your consent to either the third party or to us, you permit us to exchange your information, including your personal information, with the third party.
Opt-out, Removal, or Modification of Information Collection
If you are a registered user of our Services, you may access, correct, delete, or modify the information you provided to us and associated with your account, by logging into your account settings. You may also unsubscribe from e-mail communications by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link provided in such communications. For SMS messages, follow the instructions in the message or settings to discontinue the service. Subject to your control, our mobile applications may send push notifications to your mobile device. If you are receiving push notifications and no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
If your account is terminated or otherwise deactivated, whether by Utech, yourself, or anyone else, your data (including your profile information) and content will no longer be accessible through your account, but that data and content may persist and appear within the Services. Please note that search engines and other third parties may still retain copies of your public information, such as your user profile information and public posts, even after you have deactivated your account.
Mobile platforms including iOS and Android have different permission systems for obtaining your consent to collection of location information. The permissions requested by the Services include permission to collect your location data for the purposes described above. This permission may enable Utech to collect your location data even when the mobile application is not running in the foreground or background of your device. Turning off the application may not result in disabling the location data collection. Additionally, disabling our collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address. You will not be able to use certain features of functionalities of the Services if you do not permit location data collection.
Third-Party Links and Services
Questions and Feedback